CPSC Initiates Recall of Over 2 Million Cosori Air Fryers
On Thursday, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) initiated a recall of more than two million Cosori air fryers due to a wire connection issue that can cause them to overheat and potentially catch fire. The recalled fryers were sold from June 2018 through December 2022 at major retailers, including Best Buy, Target, Home Depot, and online at Amazon.com, Adorama.com, Bedbathandbeyond.com, Cosori.com, eBay.com, Homegoods.com, Kohls.com, Lowes.com, Macys.com, QVC.com, Staples.com, Vesync.com, Walmart.com, Wayfair.com, Wellbots.com, and Woot.com for between $70 and $130.
The CPSC urged consumers to immediately stop using the products and contact Cosori for a free replacement. The firm has received 205 reports of the air fryers catching fire, burning, melting, overheating, and smoking, which include 10 reports of minor, superficial burn injuries and 23 reports of minor property damage.
The fryers were sold in a variety of colors — black, gray, white, blue or red — in 3.7- and 5.8-quart versions, and the brand name “Cosori” is printed on the front of each unit. The model number is printed on both the label on the bottom of the appliance and on the user manual. Apart from the 2 million appliances recalled in the U.S., 250,000 were sold in Canada and 21,000 in Mexico.
Registering at recall.cosori.com will entitle you to a free replacement air fryer or another Cosori product from the company. To get answers to additional queries concerning this recall, please refer to the company's FAQ accessible here. Reach out to Cosori by dialing 888-216-5974 between 8am and 5pm. Monday through Friday, you can contact us via phone at ET, or through email at CosoriRecall@Sedgwick.com, or online at www.recall.cosori.com or www.
0. “Millions of Cosori air fryers recalled after fires reported” ABC 10 News San Diego KGTV, 23 Feb. 2023, https://www.10news.com/news/national/millions-of-cosori-air-fryers-recalled-after-fires-reported
1. “2 million air fryers recalled over fire and burn hazards” Yahoo Finance, 23 Feb. 2023, https://finance.yahoo.com/news/2-million-air-fryers-recalled-172300872.html
2. “2 million Cosori air fryers recalled due to overheating hazard” WDIV ClickOnDetroit, 23 Feb. 2023, https://www.clickondetroit.com/consumer/help-me-hank/2023/02/23/2-million-cosori-air-fryers-recalled-due-to-overheating-hazard
3. “2 Million Air Fryers Sold at Home Depot and Lowe's Recalled” Best Life, 23 Feb. 2023, https://bestlifeonline.com/air-fryer-recall-lowes-home-depot-walmart-news/
4. “2M Cosori air fryers recalled over fire, burn hazards” Fox Business, 23 Feb. 2023, https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/air-fryers-recalled-over-fire-burn-hazards
5. “Recall alert: 2 million air fryers recalled” 960 The Ref, 23 Feb. 2023, https://www.960theref.com/news/trending/recall-alert-2-million-air-fryers-recalled/NR63WGGCGZC33LJDLCEWXGUC6Q/
6. “Check your kitchen: 2M air fryers sold at major retailers recalled due to fire, burn hazards” Boston 25 News, 23 Feb. 2023, https://www.boston25news.com/news/local/check-your-kitchen-2m-air-fryers-sold-major-retailers-recalled-due-fire-burn-hazards/5AHZFGNWKJH2VGXDWHZFTZCFAI/
7. “Popular air fryer sold at Target and Walmart recalled over fire and people being burned – see if your m…” The US Sun, 23 Feb. 2023, https://www.the-sun.com/money/7474826/air-fryer-recall-cosori/
8. “Stop Using These Air Fryers Immediately, Product Safety Commission Warns” Lifehacker, 23 Feb. 2023, https://lifehacker.com/stop-using-these-air-fryers-immediately-product-safety-1850149981
9. “2 million air fryers recalled after several people burned” msnNOW, 23 Feb. 2023, https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/2-million-air-fryers-recalled-after-several-people-burned/ar-AA17QNlA