CPSC Announces Recall of 2 Million Cosori Air Fryers
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) issued a press release on Thursday announcing the recall of two million Cosori Air Fryers due to fire and burn hazards. The affected models were sold at Best Buy, Target, and The Home Depot stores nationwide and online at Amazon, Adorama, Bed Bath and Beyond, Cosori, eBay, Homegoods, Kohls, Lowes, Macys, QVC, Staples, Vesync, Walmart, Wayfair, Wellbots and Woot.com from June 2018 through December 2022 for between $70 and $130. In the United States, 250,000 air fryers were sold, and an additional 21,000 were sold in Mexico, with Canada selling even more.
The CPSC has received 205 reports of the air fryers catching fire, burning, melting, overheating and smoking. There were 10 reports of minor, superficial burns and 23 reports of property damage. The agency said the fire and burn hazards are caused by a wire connection that can overheat.
Cosori stated on its official recall website: “All of our products are rigorously and routinely tested for consumer safety and are in full compliance with established industry standards. COSORI is committed to the safety of those who use and love our products, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.”
The recalled Cosori air fryers come in black, blue, gray, red, or white colors and come in either 3.7-quart or 5.8-quart sizes. The brand name Cosori is on the front of each unit, while the model number is printed on the bottom label of each unit and on the accompanying user manual.
The CPSC has advised owners to cease using their air fryers and apply for a replacement from the company at recall.cosori.com. During registration, customers must provide their contact information and submit photos of the recalled unit with the cord cut off. A replacement can be received without needing a receipt.
Should you have any queries, please feel free to contact Cosori's toll-free line at 888-216-5974 between 8am ET Monday through Friday, email CosoriRecall@Sedgwick.com or visit the recall website at www.recall.cosori.com.
0. “2 million air fryers recalled due to fire and burn hazards” WABC-TV, 24 Feb. 2023, https://abc7ny.com/corosi-air-fryer-recall-burn-hazard-cpsc-recalls/12868044/
1. “Two Million COSORI® Air Fryers Recalled by Atekcity Due to Fire and Burn Hazards (Recall Alert)” Consumer Product Safety Commission, 23 Feb. 2023, https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2023/Two-Million-COSORI-Air-Fryers-Recalled-by-Atekcity-Due-to-Fire-and-Burn-Hazards
2. “Over 2 million Cosori Air Fryers recalled due to fire and burn concerns” BBC, 24 Feb. 2023, https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64752726
3. “Air fryer recall: 2 million air fryers recalled due to fire, burn hazards” AL.com, 24 Feb. 2023, https://www.al.com/news/2023/02/air-fryer-recall-2-million-air-fryers-recalled-due-to-fire-burn-hazards.html
4. “Cosori air fryers recalled over fire, burn hazards” FOX 13 Seattle, 23 Feb. 2023, https://www.q13fox.com/news/cosori-air-fryers-recall-fire-burn-hazards
5. “2 million Cosori air fryers sold at Target and Amazon recalled after fires, injuries reported” Yahoo Finance, 23 Feb. 2023, https://finance.yahoo.com/news/2-million-cosori-air-fryers-203353282.html
6. “Two Million Air Fryers Recalled Due to Fire and Burn Hazards” KNSI, 24 Feb. 2023, https://knsiradio.com/2023/02/24/two-million-air-fryers-recalled-due-to-fire-and-burn-hazards
7. “Recall alert: 2 million air fryers recalled” WSB Atlanta, 23 Feb. 2023, https://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending/recall-alert-2-million-air-fryers-recalled/NR63WGGCGZC33LJDLCEWXGUC6Q
8. “2 million Cosori air fryers are recalled for catching fire, burning” Business Insider, 23 Feb. 2023, https://www.businessinsider.com/cosori-air-fryers-recalled-catch-fire-burn-melt-2023-2
9. “Two million air fryers recalled due to fire and burn hazards” WFMJ, 24 Feb. 2023, https://www.wfmj.com/story/48443020/two-million-air-fryers-recalled-due-to-fire-and-burn-hazards